While using the Services, we will ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, and company information. You may provide us with Personal Information when you register for an account, use the Services, make a purchase, contact customer support, sign up for marketing material, or otherwise communicate with us. Please note that if you choose not to share certain Personal Information with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide certain parts of the Services.Usage Information
We may collect certain information by automated means such as cookies related to how you use and interact with the Services in order to optimize your experience. In many cases, including for our website visitors who are not customers, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable manner without reference to Personal Information. We track our customers’ use of the Services for the reasons stated above, but we do not track across third-party websites.Third-Party Cookies
2. How We Use Your InformationProvide, Maintain, and Improve the Services
We may use your information to:
• communicate with you if you contact us directly, sign up for marketing material, or use our “chat” function
• perform our obligations under the contract we have entered into with you
• provide customer service and process any transactions
• send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
• detect and prevent fraud
• operate, protect, and optimize the Services and your experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research
• troubleshoot and protect against errors
• personalize and improve the Services
• monitor and analyze usage and trends and otherwise measure the effectiveness of the Services
• develop new featuresSharing Your Information
If you use the Services, you are authorizing us to share information:
• that you direct us to disclose to others,
• with our third-party business partners, vendors, and consultants who perform services on our behalf or who help us provide the Services, such as accounting, managerial, technical, marketing, or analytic services,
• if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with local, state, federal, or international laws, or to respond to a court order, judicial or other governmental subpoena or warrant, or in the event of bankruptcy proceedings,
• if we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CrowdAI, our users, our employees, copyright owners, third parties, or the public, including without limitation to protect CrowdAI or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of the Services
• to enforce or apply this Policy or our other policies or agreements, and
• in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of CrowdAI.
Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate or de-identified information.3. How We Protect Your Information
We take measures designed to protect Personal Information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, such as the use of firewalls, password protection, encryption, and other security measures. We will only keep your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We may also retain and use your Personal Information for as long as necessary to resolve disputes and/or enforce our rights. Where we rely on your consent to process your Personal Information, you have the right to decline consent and/or if provided, to withdraw consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing prior to the withdrawal of your consent. Additionally, in some circumstances you can ask us to delete your Personal Information by emailing us at the email address below.
We limit access to Personal Information to our employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process Personal Information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have implemented procedures to handle any suspected Personal Information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach as legally required.
Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. To protect the confidentiality of information maintained in your account, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Services by any person using your password. Please notify us immediately by contacting us as set forth in the “Contact” section below if you believe your password has been misused or if you suspect a security breach.4. International TransfersEuropean Users
If you choose to use the Services from the EU, the UK, Switzerland, or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the U.S. for storage and processing. By providing any information, including Personal Information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
As described in this Policy, we may share Personal Information with third parties and may be required to disclose information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
The legal grounds for our processing your Personal Information for the purposes in this Policy are as follows:
• you provided your consent by agreeing to this Policy, which you may withdraw at any time by emailing us at the email address below
• it is necessary for our contractual relationship
• the processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations
• the processing is in our legitimate interest as a provider of the Services (for example, to protect the security and integrity of our systems and to provide you with customer service and the core functionality of the Services)Other International Transfers
If you are located outside the U.S., the EU, the UK, or Switzerland, and you choose to provide Personal Information to us, we may transfer your Personal Information to the U.S. and process it there (or any other country where we operate or may have co-locations). When you provide Personal Information, it may be sent to servers located in the U.S. and other countries around the world. If you reside or are located within the EU, the UK, or Switzerland and such transfers occur, we take appropriate steps in an effort to provide the same level of protection for the processing carried out in any such countries as you would have within the EU, the UK, or Switzerland to the extent feasible under applicable law.5. California Privacy Rights
California law permits California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those third parties. See the “Contact” section for where to send such requests. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes without your prior consent. Accordingly, you can prevent disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes by withholding consent.
Effective January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) allows California residents, upon a verifiable consumer request, to request that a business that collects consumers’ personal information (as defined in the CCPA) to give consumers access, in a portable and (if technically feasible) readily usable form, to the specific pieces and categories of personal information that the business has collected about the consumer, the categories of sources for that information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, and the categories of third parties with which the information was shared. California residents also have the right to submit a request for deletion of information under certain circumstances. See the “Contact” section for where to send such requests. Consistent with California law, if you choose to exercise your rights, we will not charge you different prices or provide different quality of services unless those differences are related to your information. Please note that you must verify your identity and request before further action is taken. As a part of this process, government identification may be required. Consistent with California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification.
We do not sell personal information to third parties. We do allow certain third parties to collect and share Personal Information for the business purposes described in this Policy.6. Children’s Privacy
The Services is not directed to children under 16 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information of a child under 16, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.7. Accessing and Modifying Your Information
If you have an account on the Services, you can access and modify your Personal Information through your account or by emailing us at the email address below. We will take steps to delete or de-identify your Personal Information as soon as is practicable, but we may not be able to modify or delete your Personal Information in all circumstances, and some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records and as otherwise required by law.
You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at email@example.com
If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account or our ongoing business relations (i.e. account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Services, and technical and security notices).8. Changes and Updates to the Policy
We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available through the Services and indicate the date of the latest revision. Your continued use of the Services after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood, and agreed to the current version of this Policy.9. Contact
Please contact us with any questions regarding this Policy at firstname.lastname@example.org